February 5, 2021 update:
- Bandcamp Fridays resume in February and will continue until May: https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/bandcamp-fridays-2021
- Thank you for continuing to support the artists that have supported GRCVI over the years. Click here to view our list of 50+ Bandcamp music friends.
August 4, 2020 update:
- Bandcamp Fridays will continue until the end of 2020. Read more about it here: https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/update-on-bandcamp-fridays
- Check out this countdown site to know when it’s Bandcamp Friday in your time zone!
- Click here to view the GRCVI list of music friends on Bandcamp to support.
Thank you for being part of the Girls Rock Camp Victoria Community!
Girls Rock Camp Victoria (GRCVI) has successfully been running a summer day camp program for six years which couldn’t have happened without the fantastic artists in our community. GRCVI is grateful to those who have shared time, energy, skills, knowledge and talent with youth in the Greater Victoria area and beyond through our sibling camps across Canada and around the world.
In support of the artists in the GRCVI community who are also on Bandcamp, we are helping to spread the word that Bandcamp is waiving their revenue share on the first Friday in May, June and July so that artists will receive 100% of the revenue from purchases made on this day. You can find out more details here: https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/bandcamp-covid-19-fundraiser.
Enjoying music is one of many ways we can take care of ourselves during this time – this Bandcamp fundraiser is a great way to feel extra good by helping each other. If you are able, please consider making a purchase in support of the artists that GRCVI has a connection with. The fundraiser runs on May 1, June 5 and July 3 between midnight to midnight PDT/UTC-7.
In the link below you’ll find a list of the musicians and bands who have been involved with GRCVI over the years in one way or another: people who volunteered at camp and year-round events; community members who organized fundraising shows for GRCVI; bands who donated their ticket proceeds from their show to benefit GRCVI; and individuals or organizations that partnered with GRCVI for programming.
- List of Music Friends to Support on Bandcamp Friday (Google Sheets doc)
There are over 50 artists on this list so far! We know it’s incomplete – our apologies if we missed listing your band. We would love to add it to the list so please get in touch to let us know.
We know there are many more of you who have media available through other platforms – if you share that info with us we would like to compile a list to share publicly as well.
On behalf of the GRCVI Board of Directors, thanks for supporting each other during this time. We hope that you are staying safe and healthy.
Girls Rock Camp Victoria
P.S. A note about Camp 2020 – as the current situation with Covid-19 is very fluid at the moment, the GRCVI Board is keeping an eye on the news and recommendations from the BC Government, Island Health and the school district, among others, to inform any decisions regarding camp programming this summer. We will endeavour to provide updates when available.